halfacupoftea

freedom is the freedom to choose whose slave you want to be.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

December 31, 2007

If I had to describe how it is, I have one night that does - all of it to perfection: feeling small in glass and steel, chinky-eyed girls and funny English, and fireworks outside, and inside, and watching his hands and lips and eyes as he talks and I smooth over my goosebumps and hide behind cushions and a quivering lip that no hugs, no biting down would still and a shower and a quiet, warm sunrise and a namaz on a towel on a balcony and a naashta with too much blueberry goo on my knife and hands and three cups of weak Twinings breakfast tea and a breeze in my crazy hair and a hand in my hand as I sway in the elevator, can't stand still in the room and I laugh and laugh and laugh and he laughs along, I think he watches and laughs uncomprehending, 8 a.m. and we fall asleep on the other bed arms and mumbles and wakeup calls and newness.

4 Comments:

Blogger cheesoo said...

i am grinning as i write this... bohat bohat mubarak and a balti full of love

10:24 AM  
Blogger damned said...

this is so pretty.
shaddi mubarik :))

ps. incase you're wondering how i know, ask saph. :)

4:11 PM  
Blogger S. said...

merc, married! wow, congratulations :)))

10:55 AM  
Blogger cheesoo said...

mnn, i relate to this somehow.. namaz on a towel, weak chai

america is odd.. call me when u settle in?

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home