halfacupoftea

freedom is the freedom to choose whose slave you want to be.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The day is gorgeous. I stand in the sun, palms overturned, and melt in the warmth. I miss college today.
The grass is green, all of a sudden. I am slathered in malai. I will be a princess in this house for the next eight months, I will get random hugs and kisses from Ammi, tail maalishes from Papa. But I haven't seen Faiqa in days. I don't count a one a.m meeting over chicken patties and Pepsi and Dew in the kitchen two days ago.
I shield my eyes from the sun with my dupatta, and stand in the garden with arms outstretched, like a sombre messiah, like someone waiting for an embrace.





(There was so much more to write. Now I've lost my nerve.)

3 Comments:

Blogger cheesoo said...

i am loving your recent posts

7:55 AM  
Blogger mercury said...

:)

1:49 AM  
Blogger insiyasyed said...

i cant believe i met you. in your house. in your room. in your city! wow.

i love you, pretty one! :)

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home